Response Essay Writing
In general, response essay consists of two parts: summary of the item and your reaction to it. A perfect response essay example is a paper that involves an expository part describing a particular issue and some valuable comments from the author.
Completing this type of assignment is fun as far as you can try a real critic’s hide. Pretend that you are a journalist writing a review of the latest movie or music CD. It is always interesting to add own judgments.
But do not forget to include an original summary. You can use only one source, as a rule. It is better to pick a controversial information, so that your piece will be interesting to discuss, not only to read. Such essays are usually graded higher.
Unlike other assignments, a response essay format allows writing in a first-person. Moreover, your academic paper of this kind has to be written in a first person.
Any paper of this type is considered critical, so to come up with a good response essay example, you have to look for magazine’s articles to get the point. Of course, there is no need for rating the piece like IMDB does.
We do believe writing speeches in a quality fashion is a true art just like writing a poem of creating a fiction novel.
Response Essay Writing Tips
In the end, here are the response essay writing tips:
- Select a piece of information on your own unless you are not provided with the topic by your instructor;
- Observe at least the main points to have an initial understanding of the problem;
- It’s better to look the information twice;
- Record the emotions on a draft paper first;
- Construct a thesis ( a sentence that will state the core idea of the entire paper);
- Think of the outline (table of contents);
- Write down the essay itself.
Don’t be shy to share any impressions and feelings. It’s just crucial to begin subjective sentences with phrases like: “I guess…”, “I believe”, “In my opinion…”, “As for me…”, etc. Meanwhile, don’t be afraid to criticize the piece of you completely disagree with the author. Teachers tend to appreciate students with the strong personal point of view and life assumptions.
Response Essay Writing Help